1. Last OHSU heart surgeon resigns days after program suspension Full story
2. MetroHealth sues opioid makers to recoup addiction care costs
3. Patient dies from genital infection linked to diabetes drugs, FDA warns Full story
4. Research findings: Frequent interruptions distract clinicians from patient care, contribute to stress and burnout Learn more
5. Join great keynotes Hillary Clinton, Theo Epstein and Tom Coburn + great hospital CEO keynotes David Feinberg, Eugene Woods, David Entwistle, Pamela Sutton-Wallace, Stephen Klasko, Tom Jackiewicz, Laurie Glimcher, Howard Kern, Chris Van Gorder, Michael Riordan, Charles Beaman Jr. and Johnese Spisso at Becker's 7th Annual CEO + CFO Roundtable. Register here. For more information on sponsorships, email Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Washington hospital patient stomped on employee's head 8 times, police say Full story
7. Vanderbilt University Medical Center points to Epic rollout for 68% drop in operating income Full story
8. Inspection for protection: For insights on the history, design and the importance of medical instrument inspection, register for this webinar.
9. Conflict zones complicate Ebola containment in Congo, says WHO director Full story
10. Sanford CEO aims to announce merger plans with $1B Chicago system by year's end Full story
11. To learn how to solve your outpatient surgery center's clinical documentation challenges, download this whitepaper.
12. China defies WHO, hinders U.S. development of bird flu vaccine, report says Full story
13. 5 things to know about infection preventionist salary Full story