1. 125 drugs in short supply, per FDA Full story
2. Fortune names Karen Lynch, CVS Health CEO, most powerful woman in business again Full story
3. Despite its $3M drugs, Bluebird Bio may not survive Full story
4. Understaffed workforces can't fully activate patients. Here's how Nemours Children's bolstered patient engagement and reduced no-shows and cancellations with an easy-to-apply solution.
5. Ascension to close hospital, lay off 133 workers Full story
6. Only 49% of Americans plan to get flu shot amid threat of severe season, survey finds Full story
7. Hospitals are losing money fast with physician contract blunders. Here's the battle-tested, two-pronged strategy your team needs to get ahead of setbacks and drive revenue.
8. As new omicron relatives gain foothold, expert warns of looming COVID-19 wave Full story
9. Study links painkiller and behavioral issues Full story
10. Pharmacist group, Prescryptive Health partner to promote AI-optimized pricing tool Full story
11. 4 in 10 Americans suffer from comorbid chronic conditions, but most healthcare orgs don't appropriately treat them. Here are the three tools to deliver the right care at the right cost.
12. AllianceRx Walgreens Pharmacy reaccredited for specialty pharmacy services Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Dividing quality by cost is no longer a feasible way to measure value. Get a new equation to advance patient care + control costs here.
2. AI is becoming the standard in health systems for a good reason - it can predict changing patient volumes with great accuracy. Read why AI is critical to an organization matching staffing to volume.
3. The value of personalized medicine is clear, but putting it into action is challenging. Kick personalized medicine into gear at your organization with this road map.