1. FDA withdraws cancer medication approval Full story
2. GSK to acquire biopharmaceutical company Full story
3. How much Americans overpay for generic drugs: 3 report notes Full story
4. 57% of healthcare workers are worried repetitive tasks will provoke burnout. Automation is the solution — here's how you can offset administrative burdens.
5. Why physicians may prescribe more drugs on colder days Full story
6. LA physicians vote to authorize strike Full story
7. The culture of quitting is growing. Get strategies to engage employees and recruit top talent from one of Forbes' best large healthcare employers in 2022.
8. 10 hospitals laying off workers Full story
9. Lawsuits still piling up over hospital vaccine mandates Full story
10. State legislatures are coming for PBMs Full story
11. Tiny particles of lint can have big consequences for patient outcomes. See how hospitals nationwide are reducing contamination risks during heart procedures here.
12. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. South Shore Hospital's ED reduced readmissions by enhancing its EHR and using complexity scores. Click here to learn their strategy.
2. A teachable moment: How this 500-plus bed medical center turned a poor scorecard into cultural transformation.
3. Healthcare can't ignore the rising competition and consumerism sweeping the industry. Learn how your hospital can respond to these 6 trends transforming the patient experience.