1. Mortality rates from all cancers dropped 32% since 1991, American Cancer Society reports Full story
2. Florida hospital opens new cancer care tower Full story
3. NYC, New Mexico expand booster eligibility to all adults Full story
4. Hartford Healthcare reduced patient wait times by 56% while increasing volume by 6% across 13 locations. How? By applying mathematical algorithms and predictive analytics. Click here to learn more.
5. Houston Methodist suspends privileges of physician following tweets about COVID-19 vaccine, treatments Full story
6. COVID-19 makes spotty resurgence in the US before Thanksgiving Full story
7. EHRs are essential — but they won’t solve staffing issues. See how Hartford Healthcare found a simple solution.
8. Viewpoint: Physicians might be too dependent on AI for decision-making Full story
9. Climate change is a health issue, too: A breakdown of how climate affects health Full story
10. 27 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
11. Aligning people, policies + tech across sites can deliver impressive financial results. Click here to learn how CommonSpirit does it.
12. 5 things to know about FDA chief nominee Dr. Robert Califf Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Mercy Iowa City made sure its EHR was ready for new technologies & care delivery models — learn how here.
2. Execs are capitalizing on pandemic-era insurance coverage shakeups with these 4 approaches.
3. The weak spots in your care transitions are showing — learn how to identify them and reduce the risk of harm here.