1. 10 states with the largest decreases to travel nurse pay Full story
2. Bon Secours Mercy president's HR background kept people 'front and center' through merger: Q&A Full story
3. 15,000 Minnesota nurses plan 2nd strike Full story
4. 1 in 5 healthcare workers quit during the pandemic; the industry can't afford to lose more. Learn how addressing whole-person health can help retain employees.
5. Fired MetroHealth CEO factored SDOH work into own bonuses, records show Full story
6. Healthcare adds 45K jobs in November; 2022 growth strong compared to 2021 Full story
7. Where remote work is up, down Full story
8. 4 workplace factors that burn out physicians: study Full story
9. From labor shortages to financial issues, hospitals' list of challenges is only growing. Leaders from Intermountain + 2 other systems share what they're preparing for next in this on-demand session.
10. More pain, no gain for hospitals' operating margins Full story
11. How UPMC is innovating staff retention Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Clinician burnout remains high. Learn how video and communications technologies can reduce burnout and improve employee satisfaction.
2. Compensation alone can't solve hospital workforce shortages — leaders need new ideas. Find inspiration in these 10 articles about coping with talent shortages.
3. How healthy is your workforce? These programs can help empower healthcare workers to improve their health and better serve patients.