1. ProMedica lays off unspecified number of employees in wake of financial challenges Full story
2. PeaceHealth cuts travel nurse budget, struggles with staff shortage Full story
3. 148 best US hospitals, per Money and Leapfrog Full story
4. Gaining organization-wide visibility into absences and strategically filling priority vacant shifts are critical challenges in today’s environment. These challenges are magnified in complex, high-volume healthcare scheduling environments. This podcast, featuring Tom Ross, CEO, Andgo Systems, explores how intelligent automation helps
5. Companies expand CFOs' role to retain them amid high demand Full story
6. RNs among essential workers least satisfied with wage increases Full story
7. Baptist Health names 5 hospital executives
8. BA.5's fast rise to dominance: 5 things to know about the omicron subvariant Full story
9. Pandemic-related care delays have created a wave of sicker patients. Read this short report to learn how healthcare navigation reduces clinician burden + mitigates the effects for patients.
10. $25 minimum wage for some LA healthcare workers approved Full story
11. 26 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Physicians spend 2 hours with the EHR for every 1 hour of patient care. Give them the chance to spend more time bedside. Here's how.
2. Every year, hospitals lose up to 7% of their equipment. Get expert advice on keeping track of your most valuable assets.
3. Telehealth shouldn't require piecemeal technology to work. 35 clinics in Missouri simplified virtual care for patients and staff. Here's how.