1. Hospital workers upset over COVID-19 vaccine distribution Full story
2. The next evolution of EHRs: What to expect in 2021 and beyond Full story
3. Nashville explosion exposes weaknesses in IT networks: 5 takeaways for CIOs Full story
4. Your input is needed! Becker's Healthcare is hosting a survey focused on Hospital Readiness in 2021. Click here to fill out the 5 minute survey to receive a complementary badge to a Becker's conference and an e-book of the findings.
5. Amazon moves deeper into healthcare in 2020: 12 things to know Full story
6. Telehealth game-changers: 6 CIOs share defining factors that transformed virtual care in 2020 Full story
7. Wisconsin hospital discards hundreds of COVID-19 vaccines after improper storage Full story
8. Google Health engineering exec to depart Full story
9. 3 Must Reads
- What do nearly 4k patients say about the healthcare financial experience? Click here to see the results of the 2020 survey.
- Community health systems can achieve more from the innovations they create themselves. Click here to learn how the right technology makes that possible.
- Still calling your patients? Click here to find out why texting them will bring about better results for your practice.
10. Georgia physician to pay $36K settlement in HIPAA Right of Access case Full story
11. Top 5 telehealth stories of 2020 Full story
12. Minnesota health system deploys Epic EHR at partner physician practice Full story
13. Los Angeles offers residents COVID-19 digital vaccine records stored in Apple, Google apps Full story
14. A roadmap to EMR optimization — insights from UW Health. Click here to watch the virtual presentation.
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Still calling your patients? Click here to find out why texting them will bring about better results for your practice.
2. Does your health system have a digital engagement strategy that coincides with its transformation goals? Download this whitepaper to learn how Bon Secours Mercy Health formulated its digital backbone.
3. Digital communication can decrease preventable hospital readmissions by up to 18 percent. Click here to learn how physicians can use electronic alerts to drive better patient outcomes.