1. Kaiser Permanente says lab glitch led to backlog of thousands of COVID-19 tests Full story
2. IU Health suspends unvaccinated workers Full story
3. UConn Health appoints physician as interim CIO Full story
4. The patient transfer process is still ridden with inefficiencies. Learn how to simplify referrals for patients and providers here.
5. WHO adds new strain 'mu' to its variants of concern list Full story
6. FBI, CISA warns ransomware attacks surge over holiday weekends: 6 things to know this Labor Day weekend Full story
7. Cerner, the VA & 9 recent health IT exec moves Full story
8. Feds file false claims suit against UPMC Full story
9. Do you know how to protect your hospital from threats both within & beyond the firewall? Learn here.
10. Healthcare workers, once cheered as heroes, now threatened and harassed Full story
11. Illinois medical group sued over data breach that exposed 655K patients' info Full story
12. Mount Sinai builds algorithm that reads patient EHR data to make diagnoses Full story
13. Physician profitability can be greatly improved with timely data. Click here to learn how.
14. Fired Wisconsin health system exec charged in kickback scheme Full story
15. 5 health systems expanding telehealth Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. There's 15 KPIs driving your health system's telehealth success — click here to learn them.
2. It takes hospitals 90 days on average to onboard a physician, but it doesn't have to. Learn why.
3. Time is your practice's most precious asset — so stop wasting it. Get 5 tips to boost surgical efficiency here.