1. Northwell hospital says former employee snooped 10,000+ patient EHRs for 14 months Full story
2. UnitedHealth, Change Healthcare strike timing agreement with DOJ: 5 things to know Full story
3. Ransomware gang hits Accenture, threatens to post data online Full story
4. Infusion center scheduling is a game of Tetris. Here's how Novant Health played it right.
5. New US COVID-19 cases up 875.6% from June; many highly vaccinated areas now high-risk Full story
6. Why Geisinger's IT services are getting 'skinnier' Full story
7. Don't let the term 'elective' fool you, physicians urge the public Full story
8. Viewpoint: Remote employees may get left behind in the hybrid office Full story
9. Should you fuse identity and access tools? Hear why the CIO of this 700-bed system says yes
10. Cedars-Sinai uses EHR to link vulnerable patients to social services Full story
11. 17,000 Catholic Health patients added to those affected by CaptureRx ransomware attack Full story
12. CommonSpirit Health mandates COVID-19 vaccination for employees in 21 states Full story
13. Searching for data wastes clinicians' time. Click here to learn how the right tech puts that time back into their day.
14. Ex-Google Health exec to lead consumer health platform Full story
15. 7 things to know about rising telehealth fraud Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. COVID-19 altered the retirement timetable. Read the 2021 Retirement Survey Report to learn how health systems can respond.
2. Your hospital's vendor access is probably disorganized. Here's how to standardize it + ensure HIPPA compliance.
3. No coding skills? No problem. Learn how leaders can harness no-code software to transform healthcare workflows in this 5-part guide.