1. Arkansas hospital cancels elective surgeries after PPE destroyed Full story
2. Hospital bankruptcy wave looms as virus surges Full story
3. UHS sees net income climb nearly 150% Full story
4. The maker of the da Vinci surgical system and Ion endoluminal system shares industry insights. Listen here.
5. Maine hospital workers call for CEO's firing Full story
6. BCBS of Illinois to pay hospitals $100M to improve health equity Full story
7. Penn State Health to acquire hospital from Geisinger Nov. 1 Full story
8. How electronic charge aggregation can maximize revenue and streamline central business office operations — click here to join the virtual discussion.
9. Medtronic will pay $9.2M settlement over alleged kickbacks to neurosurgeon Full story
10. 6 hospital ransomware attacks in 24 hours prompts US advisory: 8 things to know Full story
11. IU Health's net income dips 63% Full story
12. Does your health system know how to cut through the noise to best utilize the mass availability of data at its fingertips? Click here to learn 3 strategies to get the most out of your data.
13. 10 cities with highest, lowest average physician compensation Full story
14. US sees 90K+ cases in 1 day; state officials say they don't have funds to distribute vaccine — 6 COVID-19 updates Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Glycemic control is critical for managing all patients, especially during the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to learn best practices to improve patient outcomes.
2. Are you still capturing informed consent on paper? Find out how going mobile improves workflow, improves patient satisfaction.
3. Activate clinicians and cut preventable readmission by 18% with quicker communication. Click here to learn how.