1. Iowa hospital to close in October Full story
2. Trinity acquires CommonSpirit's share of MercyOne Full story
3. Mississippi hospital to lay off staff, curb care Full story
4. Keeping revenue collection costs low requires bold moves. Here's how Baylor Scott & White is capturing every dollar owed at the lowest possible cost.
5. Healthcare CEO, physicians sentenced to prison for $27M fraud Full story
6. Missouri hospital board faces pushback after replacing CEO, CFO and COO Full story
7. Health systems retaining talent with perks beyond pay Full story
8. Philadelphia hospital shooter sentenced to 35 years after pleading guilty to murder Full story
9. 15,000 Minnesota nurses plan strike Full story
10. Burdensome payer policy can directly hinder revenue growth. Here's how a 289-bed hospital improved payer behavior through the legal system.
11. California hospital is now publicly owned after healthcare district raises $67M for purchase Full story
12. MultiCare hit with credit downgrade Full story
13. How Novant quickly increased its nurse workforce after an immediate jeopardy threat Full story
14. Health systems rely on patient payments but struggle to collect from the 23 million people who owe medical debt. Get tips on how to capture a larger share of patient profits here.
15. Put all your eggs in one basket, LifePoint's supply chain VP says Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Physicians spend 2 hours with the EHR for every 1 hour of patient care. Give them the chance to spend more time bedside. Here's how.
2. Telehealth shouldn't require piecemeal technology to work. 35 clinics in Missouri simplified virtual care for patients and staff. Here's how.
3. The only way health systems can stay competitive and fiscally stable is by supporting frontline nurses. Find out how here.