1. CMS to boost hospital pay 3.1% in 2024, AHA 'deeply concerned': 11 notes Full story
2. Michigan hospital to close Full story
3. CVS Health profits drop 37% in Q2 amid restructuring Full story
4. CareRev's Smart Rates uses an artificial intelligence (AI) algorithm to recommend hourly shift rates based on market demand and past performance. Some healthcare facilities across the nation have already experienced a remarkable 18% reduction in labor costs.
5. CMS to reward hospitals for high-quality, equitable care Full story
6. Trinity to close New York system's home health agency, lay off 63 Full story
7. Missouri hospital to cut 62 jobs, including 15 layoffs Full story
8. Hospitals need more than 0% margins, AHA insists Full story
9. Healthcare orgs are leaving thousands of dollars on the table by not claiming this federal tax credit. See if your facility qualifies here.
10. HCA Florida hospital CEO exits role Full story
11. Tenet's payer mix in 2023 Full story
12. Centura Health folds into CommonSpirit Full story
13. Mercy to acquire Missouri system Full story
14. Martin's Point Health to pay $22.5M to settle alleged Medicare Advantage fraud Full story
15. Many hospital leaders are sleeping on a key opportunity for growth. See what it is here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities - Access in One Click
1. C-suite check-in: 125+ leaders on their top challenges, growth opportunities and investment priorities. See the report here.
2. Organizations are ditching the "call center" in favor of the "contact center." Learn the difference + why it matters to patients here.
3. Monitoring vendor compliance is a must — but it's a hassle. Make the task easier with this approach.