1. Former hospital executive convicted in $1.4B billing scheme Full story
2. 19 health systems with strong finances Full story
3. New York hospital to lay off staff, outsource revenue cycle functions Full story
4. 69% of hospitals rely on vendor solutions that could exacerbate revenue leakage. Set a new course for financial excellence here.
5. 536-bed Tenet hospital gets new CEO Full story
6. CMS to launch new oncology payment model Full story
7. HCA hospital in Florida opens $100M expansion Full story
8. Nonprofit hospitals face mounting financial pressures: 4 things to know Full story
9. Revenue cycle outsourcing is tricky. Learn the key factors hospitals consider before choosing a partner here.
10. What Epic has done since Oracle bought Cerner Full story
11. 19 women making moves in healthcare Full story
12. 20 most socially responsible hospitals: Lown Institute Full story
13. Healthcare's double whammy: Inflation during a pandemic. Understand how the best hospitals can achieve growth while cutting costs.
14. South Dakota VA hospitals saved from closure Full story
15. Viewpoint: Compensation strategies are more important for CFOs than ever Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Hospitals have spent more than $3B getting PPE during the pandemic — make sure your team is following the right protocols.
2. Few organizations are leveraging the data needed to advance population health. Read 3 takeaways from senior healthcare executives on overcoming the hurdles here.
3. One Nevada ASC drove revenue to $2,500 per case after onboarding a robotic surgical system — here's how.