1. The 20% Medicare cut coming for hospitals Full story
2. 'We're going to come out of this winning': Northwell CEO on labor challenges and the system's biggest growth area Full story
3. Spring may bring a COVID-19 uptick, data suggests Full story
4. New report: Health system specialty pharmacies improve patient outcomes Learn more
5. Texas hospital lifts lockdown after standoff with armed suspect Full story
6. Kaiser mental health workers in Hawaii end 6-month strike Full story
7. Want to spend the day with Mark Cuban and Magic Johnson? Hospital providers, fill out this survey to get complimentary registration to Becker's Hospital Review 13th Annual Meeting and see the stars in action.
8. Penn Medicine physicians seek union recognition Full story
9. Cash-strapped California hospital outlines path forward Full story
10. Cuban's pharmacy isn't always the cheapest, but cost isn't the focus, CEO says Full story
11. As cancer care costs soar, some leaders are taking early detection a step further. See the simple test used to screen for multiple cancers — and the patient response.
12. Why Trinity invested big in an Epic-powered platform Full story
13. Duke University Health reports $70M operating loss, overall profit Full story
14. AHA on healthcare workforce shortages: 'Where do we go from here?' Full story
15. Simplification is how healthcare can get out of crisis mode, says Intermountain CEO Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. TB diagnoses declined during the pandemic due to decreased screening, but infection rates remain high worldwide. A more efficient and accessible testing model can save lives.
2. Every effort to reduce clinician burden matters. See the next task hospitals are looking to make easier here.
3. It's time to retire the 100-year old TB skin test. See the option providers are using that delivers more precise results, lower costs.
Follow us on social media:
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn