10 Hospitals, Health Systems That Recently Changed Names, Brands
Here is a list of 10 hospitals and health systems that in the past month have changed or announced plans to change their name, brand or both, beginning with the most recent announcement.
1. Progress West HealthCare Center Becomes Progress West Hospital
Progress West HealthCare Center in O'Fallon, Mo., part of St. Louis-based BJC HealthCare, changed its name to Progress West Hospital.
2. Greene County General Hospital Unveils New Logo, Tagline
Greene County General Hospital in Linton, Ind., unveiled a new logo and tagline as part of its rebranding campaign.
3. Edinburg Children's Hospital Unveils New Logo
Edinburg (Texas) Children's Hospital, part of Edinburg-based South Texas Health System, revealed a new logo as part of its seventh anniversary celebration.
4. HCA Virginia Changes Name of StoneSpring Medical Center
Richmond-based HCA Virginia Health System is changing the name of StoneSpring Medical Center in Dulles, Va., which will break ground this fall, to StoneSprings Hospital Center.
5. Froedtert Health Strengthens Academic Affiliation With New Brand
Milwaukee-based Froedtert Health and the Medical College of Wisconsin rebranded their affiliated hospitals, health centers and services as Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin.
6. Trinity Medical Center to Get New Name Upon Relocation
Trinity Medical Center in Birmingham, Ala., will change its name to Grandview Medical Center when it moves to a new $300 million hospital in early 2016.
7. Medical University of South Carolina Children's Hospital Changes Name
The Medical University of South Carolina Children's Hospital in Charleston is now the Children's Hospital of South Carolina at MUSC.
8. Mayo Clinic's 2 Minnesota Hospitals to Be Called "Campuses"
Rochester, Minn.-based Mayo Clinic's two hospitals in Rochester — Saint Marys Hospital and Rochester Methodist Hospital — will be referred to by their campus when they combine to form a single licensed facility.
9. Houston Methodist's Hospitals Change Names
Houston Methodist announced new names for its flagship hospital and its four community hospitals following its own name change from The Methodist Hospital System.
10. OhioHealth Rebrands With Changes to Hospital Names
Columbus-based OhioHealth is renaming its seven hospitals and 103 physician practices to reflect the system's efforts to improve care coordination and to help patients identify and access OhioHealth services.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.