10 Things to Know About West Park Hospital
West Park Hospital in Cody, Wyo., is a primary, full-service medical center.
Here are 10 things to know about West Park Hospital.
1. Doug McMillan serves as CEO of the hospital.
2. Pat McConnell serves as CFO.
3. The hospital is a 25-bed facility with an adjacent 128-bed long term care center and 20-bed chemical dependency center, Cedar Mountain Center.
4. The hospital has more than 50 physicians on its active medical staff and more than 500 employees.
5. In 2011, the hospital had 700 inpatient surgeries and 200 births, according to the American Hospital Directory.
6. West Park Hospital's history dates back to 1927 when it was called Cody Hospital. In 1967, a tax-support hospital district was formed and construction on West Park Hospital began in 1972.
7. In 2011, West Park Hospital was named a top 100 critical access hospital by the National Rural Health Association.
8. In 2011, the hospital recorded $104.7 million in gross charges and a net income of more than $12 million, according to the American Hospital Directory.
9. In collaboration with St. Vincent Healthcare in St. Billings, Mont., West Park Hospital received a $5.2 million grant earlier this year from The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust, which will be used to expand the cancer services of the Big Horn Basin Regional Cancer Center in Cody, Wyo.
10. In 2012, the hospital appeared on the "100 Great Community Hospitals" list published by Becker's Hospital Review.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Finley Hospital
10 Things to Know About Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Advocate Trinity Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.