10 Things to Know About Finley Hospital
Finley Hospital in Dubuque, Iowa, serves its surrounding counties in Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin. It is a part of the Iowa Health System.
Here are 10 things to know about Finley Hospital:
1. David Brandon is the president and CEO of Finley Hospital.
2. Dan Carpenter is the CFO of Finley Hospital.
3. Finley Hospital has 126 staffed beds.
4. The hospital has 875 employees.
5. In 2011, Finley Hospital recorded $204 million in gross charges and a net income of $10 million, according to the American Hospital Directory.
6. In 2011, physicians at Finley Hospital performed 1,100 inpatient surgeries, 3,900 outpatient surgeries, 800 births and 22,700 outpatient visits.
7. The Wellness Councils of America awarded Finley Hospital with the designation of Platinum Well Workplace, the organization's highest honor. It has also been named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals by Thomson Reuters.
8. Finley Hospital opened in 1890 when Mrs. Helen Finley bequeathed her estate to found a multi-sectarian hospital in memory of her husband. Public donations supplemented her gift to form the hospital.
9. Finley Hospital has completed the Petal Certification. The Petal Project, a green business certification program, consists of five areas: waste reduction, energy conservation, pollution prevention, staff education and water conservation.
10. Finley Hospital was named one of the 100 Great Community Hospitals by Becker's Hospital review.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Bayfront Medical Center
10 Things to Know About The Medical Center of Aurora
10 Things to Know About Pennsylvania Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.