10 Things to Know About Newton-Wellesley Hospital
Newton-Wellesley Hospital in Newton, Mass., is a comprehensive medical center. It is a member of Partners HealthCare in Boston.
Here are 10 things to know about Newton-Wellesley Hospital:
1. Patrick F. Jordan III is the interim president of Newton-Wellesley Hospital. Michael Jellinek, MD, stepped down as president earlier this year.
2. Leslie G. Selbovitz, MD, is the CMO of Newton-Wellesley Hospital.
3. Newton-Wellesley Hospital has 313 available beds.
4. The Hospital has about 2,100 employees.
5. In 2011, Newton-Wellesley Hospital recorded $1.1 billion in gross charges and a net income of $19 million, according to American Hospital Directory.
6. In 2011, the hospital performed 4,390 inpatient surgeries, 11,241 outpatient surgeries, 3,968 births and 59,354 emergency visits.
7. In 2012, Newton-Wellesley Hospital was ranked 16th in Massachusetts by U.S. News & World Report.
8. Newton-Wellesley Hospital has its origins in The Newton Cottage Hospital opened in 1886. The hospital adopted the name Newton-Wellesley Hospital in 1945.
9. Newton-Wellesley Hospital was named one of the 2012 best places to work by the Boston Business Journal.
10. Newton-Wellesley Hospital was named one of the 2012 leaders in LGBT healthcare equality by the Human Rights Campaign
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Swedish Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Tallahassee Memorial Hospital
10 Things to Know About University of Kansas Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.