10 Things to Know About Mother Frances Hospital-Tyler
Mother Frances Hospital-Tyler (Texas) is a faith-based, non-profit hospital. It is a part of Trinity Mother Frances Hospitals & Clinics in Tyler, which includes hospitals in Jacksonville, Texas and Winnsboro, Texas; a rehabilitation hospital in Tyler; and clinics and urgent care centers throughout Texas.
Here are 10 things to know about Mother Frances Hospital-Tyler.
1. Laura Owen serves as senior vice president and CEO of Mother Frances Hospital-Tyler.
2. Chris Glenney serves as vice president of operations of Mother Frances Hospital-Tyler.
3. The hospital has 404 beds.
4. Mother Frances Hospital-Tyler offers the services of more than 300 physicians and mid-level providers representing 38 specialties.
5. In 2011, the hospital had 9,400 inpatient surgeries; 24,500 outpatient surgeries; 3,500 births and 290,200 outpatient visits.
6. In 2011, the hospital recorded gross charges of $1.8 billion and a net income of $47 million, according to the American Hospital Directory.
7. In 2006, 2009, 2011 and 2012, the hospital was named a 100 Top Hospital by Thomson Reuters.
8. Mother Frances Hospital-Tyler's doors opened March 18, 1937.
9. The hospital has completed phase one of construction of the Louis & Peaches Owen Heart Hospital. Phase Two is scheduled to be completed later this year. The heart hospital will be housed in the Ornelas Tower, which opened in 2003, and will feature innovative and advanced technology.
10. The hospital received a Distinguished Hospital Award for Patient Safety from HealthGrades in 2007, 2008 and 2009.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Boston Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Bon Secours St. Mary's Hospital
10 Things to Know about Harlan ARH Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.