10 Things to Know About Boston Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Boston Medical Center.
1. The CEO is Kate Walsh.
2. Richard Silveria serves as the CFO.
3. There are 496 beds at Boston Medical Center.
4. BMC has 4,887 employees.
5. The hospital recorded $1.6 billion in gross charges and a net income loss of $34.9 million in 2011, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. Boston Medical Center discharged a total of 30,000 patients in 2011. The hospital performed 9,200 inpatient surgeries and 7,400 outpatient surgeries last year. There were 2,600 births and 657,300 outpatient visits last year.
7. BMC received the American Heart Association's Heart Failure Gold Achievement Award, recognizing the hospital's commitment and success in implementing excellent care for heart disease patients.
8. Boston Medical Center was created by the merger of Boston City Hospital and Boston University Medical Center Hospital in July 1996.
9. BMC is the largest safety-net hospital in New England, according to the hospital.
10. In 2011, the hospital was given an "A" Hospital Safety Score by The Leapfrog Group, an independent national non-profit run by employers and other large purchasers of health benefits.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About St. David's North Austin Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Elmhurst Hospital Center
10 Things to Know About Greater Baltimore Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.