10 Things to Know About Mease Dunedin Hospital
Mease Dunedin (Fla.) Hospital is part of BayCare Health System in Clearwater, Fla.
Here are 10 things to know about Mease Dunedin Hospital.
1. Glenn Waters serves as CEO.
2. Carl Tremonti serves as CFO.
3. The hospital has 143 beds.
4. Mease Dunedin has 531 employees.
5. In 2011, the hospital had 1,200 inpatient surgeries; 1,400 outpatient surgeries; 17,800 outpatient visits; and 5,894 discharges, according to the American Hospital Directory.
6. In 2011, the hospital recorded gross charges of more than $342 million and a net loss of more than $6 million.
7. Mease Dunedin was founded in 1937.
8. The hospital is Magnet-certified and has certification as a primary stroke center from The Joint Commission.
9. The hospital recently celebrated the opening of its critical care unit, offering 20 private rooms and 360-degree access for nurses and physicians. The construction is part of a multi-phase project that will encompass 51,000 square feet of renovation and 4,000 square feet of new construction.
10. Over the past five years, the hospital has invested $20 million in improvements, upgrading every patient room and making 70 percent of the rooms private.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Rex Hospital
10 Things to Know about Baylor Medical Center at Waxahachie
10 Things to Know About Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.