10 Things to Know About Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, N.H., is the only academic medical center in New Hampshire.
Here are 10 things to know about Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
1. The CEO of Dartmouth-Hitchcock is James Weinstein, DO
2. Robin Kilfeather-Mackey serves as CFO of Dartmouth-Hitchcock.
3. Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center has 371 beds. It is made up of Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital, the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Clinic, the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth and the Veterans Affairs Regional Medical and Office Center.
4. Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center has 3,801 employees.
5. Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center recorded $1.7 billion in gross revenue and a net income of $46.8 million in 2010, as reported in the American Hospital Directory.
6. Dartmouth-Hitchcock discharged 18,760 patients in 2011. The hospital performed 9,500 inpatient and 43,500 outpatient surgeries as well as 900 births last year. Additionally, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center had 337,000 outpatient visits in 2011.
7. U.S. News & World Report ranked Dartmouth-Hitchcock among the nation's top hospitals in its 2011-2012 list of America's best hospitals.
8. Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital was built in 1893 by Hiram Hitchcock in memory of his wife, Mary Maynard Hitchcock.
9. Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center has been recognized as a "Baby Friendly" birth facility by Baby-Friendly USA.
10. The medical center is the region's only verified Level I trauma center, according to the medical center.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
10 Things to Know About Barnes-Jewish Hospital
10 Things to Know About Bozeman Deaconess Hospital
10 Things to Know about University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.