10 Things to Know About Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
1. The CEO of Dartmouth-Hitchcock is James Weinstein, DO
2. Robin Kilfeather-Mackey serves as CFO of Dartmouth-Hitchcock.
3. Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center has 371 beds. It is made up of Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital, the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Clinic, the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth and the Veterans Affairs Regional Medical and Office Center.
4. Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center has 3,801 employees.
5. Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center recorded $1.7 billion in gross revenue and a net income of $46.8 million in 2010, as reported in the American Hospital Directory.
6. Dartmouth-Hitchcock discharged 18,760 patients in 2011. The hospital performed 9,500 inpatient and 43,500 outpatient surgeries as well as 900 births last year. Additionally, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center had 337,000 outpatient visits in 2011.
7. U.S. News & World Report ranked Dartmouth-Hitchcock among the nation's top hospitals in its 2011-2012 list of America's best hospitals.
8. Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital was built in 1893 by Hiram Hitchcock in memory of his wife, Mary Maynard Hitchcock.
9. Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center has been recognized as a "Baby Friendly" birth facility by Baby-Friendly USA.
10. The medical center is the region's only verified Level I trauma center, according to the medical center.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
10 Things to Know About Barnes-Jewish Hospital
10 Things to Know About Bozeman Deaconess Hospital
10 Things to Know about University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.