10 Things to Know About Florida Hospital Orlando
Florida Hospital Orlando is a member Winter Park, Fla.-based Adventist Health System's Florida division.
Here are 10 things to know about Florida Hospital Orlando, according to its website.
1. Lars Houmann serves as president and CEO of Florida Hospital Orlando and the Florida Division of Adventist Health System, which includes 22 hospitals. He formerly served as executive vice president and COO of Florida Hospital.
2. Brian Paradis serves as executive vice president and COO of the hospital. He has been with Florida Hospital Orlando since 1995.
3. Florida Hospital Orlando has 1,080 licensed patient beds and 662 critical care beds.
4. The hospital is staffed by more than 2,123 physicians and dentists and 9,950 employees.
5. In Florida Hospital Orlando's most recent fiscal year, total revenue equaled roughly $8.1 billion. Net income totaled $183 million, resulting in a 2.3 percent profit margin.
6. Florida Hospital Orlando's annual volumes include 44,099 inpatients; 157,585 outpatients; 56,961 emergency cases; and 2,808 new born deliveries.
7. In 2011, U.S News & World Report ranked Florida Hospital Orlando as the number one hospital in the Orlando metro area.
8. Florida Hospital Orlando began in 1908, when a small group of Seventh Day Adventists in Orlando had the vision to bring health and healing to the rural community.
9. Florida Hospital Orlando recently received a $10 million gift from a South Dakota billion to help battle childhood obesity and diabetes.
10. The hospital received the National Research Corp. Consumer Choice Award for 13 years in a row.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About University of California Irvine Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Emory University Hospital
10 Things to Know About Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.