10 Things to Know About Erie County Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about ECMC, according to its website.
1. Jody Lomeo serves as CEO of ECMC.
2. Michael Sammarco serves as CFO of the medical center.
3. Erie County Medical Center has 550 inpatient beds and 156 skilled nursing home beds as well as 40 outpatient specialty care clinics throughout western New York.
4. ECMC is staffed by 2,080 employees with approximately 375 physicians across more than 39 specialties.
5. Total revenue at ECMC reached $777 million last year, according to Medicare cost reports analyzed by the American Hospital Directory. The hospital posted net income of $2 million for 0.4 percent profit margin.
6. According to 2011 statistics, ECMC conducted 11,100 inpatient surgeries and 11,000 outpatient surgeries. The medical center also received 117,100 outpatient visits.
7. In 2011, ECMC received an Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award from HealthGrades.
8. The medical center's roots extend back to The Municipal Hospital, which was built in 1905 to serve smallpox patients. During the early 1970s, a new hospital was built and renamed the Erie County Medical Center to signify the wide-ranging role the hospital had taken in the community.
9. ECMC recently opened the Grider Family Health Center, a primary care facility located on the north side of the hospital campus.
10. ECMC recently completed construction of a $27 million Regional Center of Excellence for Transplantation and Kidney Care that is a part of a consolidation of transplant and dialysis programs with Great Lakes Health, the new entity comprised of Buffalo, N.Y.-based Kaleida Health, the University of Buffalo, ECMS and The Center for Hospice & Palliative Care in Buffalo.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Virginia Mason Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Martha Jefferson Hospital
10 Things to Know About Jackson Memorial Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.