10 Things to Know About Scripps Mercy Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about Scripps Mercy Hospital.
1. Tom Gammiere is the chief executive of Scripps Mercy Hospital.
2. As CFO of Scripps Health, Richard Rothberger oversees the finances of Scripps Mercy Hospital.
3. The hospital has two campuses and 700 licensed beds.
4. Scripps Mercy Hospital has more than 3,500 employees and 1,300 physicians.
5. The hospital recorded $2.1 billion in gross revenue and a net income of $10.2 million in 2010, the latest data available as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. Scripps Mercy Hospital discharged a total of 30,410 patients in 2011. The hospital performed 10,700 inpatient and 7,100 outpatient surgeries as well as 2,800 births last year. Additionally, the hospital had 105,000 outpatient visits in 2011.
7. The hospital was certified as a primary stroke care center by The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers in 2011.
8. Scripps Mercy Hospital in San Diego was established in 1890 by the Sisters of Mercy and was originally called St. Joseph's. It joined the Scripps system in 1995. The Chula Vista campus was established in 1964 as Bay General Hospital. It joined Scripps Health in 1986 and became a campus of Scripps Mercy Hospital in 2004.
9. Scripps Mercy Hospital is the only Catholic medical center in San Diego, according to the hospital.
10. Scripps Mercy has been designated as a Blue Distinction Center for bariatric surgery by Blue Shield of California.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at email@example.com.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
10 Things to Know About Scripps Green Hospital
10 Things to Know About Rex Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.