10 Things to Know About Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
Here are 10 things to know about Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla.
1. The chief executive of Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla is Gary Fybel.
2. As CFO of Scripps Health, Richard Rothberger oversees the finances of Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla.
3. The hospital has 357 beds.
4. Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla has more than 2,200 employees and about 800 affiliated physicians.
5. The hospital recorded $1.6 billion in gross revenue and a net income of $65.5 million in 2010, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla discharged a total of 17,170 patients in 2011. The hospital performed 6,600 inpatient and 12,500 outpatient surgeries as well as 4,000 births last year. Additionally, the hospital had 66,300 outpatient visits last year.
7. Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla is Magnet recognized for excellence in nursing.
8. The hospital was established in 1924 by Ellen Browning Scripps, a philanthropist and founding donor of many major institutions in Southern California.
9. In 2010, Scripps Health unveiled a 25-year plan to rebuild Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla so it will meet state earthquake safety mandates, among other improvements.
10. Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla was recognized for high performance in 11 specialty areas by U.S. News & World Report in 2012.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Eastern Maine Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Florida Hospital Orlando
10 Things to Know About High Point Regional Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality