10 Things to Know About Schneck Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Schneck Medical Center.
1. Gary Meyer serves as president and CEO of Schneck Medical Center. He has been with the hospital since 1975, when he took an externship in health administration.
2. Warren Forgey is executive vice president, treasurer and CFO of Schneck Medical Center. Mr. Forgey joined the hospital in 1992 as assistant controller and became CFO in 1996.
3. Schneck Medical Center is licensed for 114 beds and provides medical services for more than 120,000 residents in its southern Indiana locale.
4. The non-profit hospital employs more than 800 people and has a medical staff with more than 125 physicians.
5. In 2011, Schneck Medical Center posted $237.8 million in gross charges and net income of $10.34 million, according to the American Hospital Directory.
6. Schneck Medical Center records roughly 9,000 surgeries, more than 600 births, more than 500,000 lab tests and more than 24,000 emergency department visits every year.
7. In 2011, President Barack Obama and Commerce Secretary John Bryson named Schneck Medical Center as one of the four organizations to receive the 2011 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award — the nation's highest presidential honor for quality and organizational excellence. Schneck was the first organization in Indiana to win the award.
8. Schneck Medical Center opened in 1911 as a 17-bed hospital, then known as Jackson County Schneck Memorial Hospital. The hospital was named after Louis Schneck, one of Seymour's first industrialists. His wife, Mary, donated $5,000 and land after her husband's died.
9. In each of the past three years, Schneck Medical Center has received the Outstanding Patient Experience Award from HealthGrades.
10. The Cancer Center at Schneck Medical Center is one of the primary cancer treatment centers in Jackson and the surrounding counties. In 2010, it recorded 293 analytic and non-analytic cancer cases.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at email@example.com.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.