10 Things to Know About Olean General Hospital
For roughly 115 years, Olean (N.Y.) General Hospital has been providing care for the residents of the New York's "Southern Tier," which runs along the northern border of Pennsylvania.
Here are 10 things to know about Olean General Hospital.
1. Timothy Finan serves as president and CEO of Olean General Hospital as well as its parent organization, Upper Allegheny Health System.
2. Richard Braun was appointed as senior vice president of finance and CFO of Olean General Hospital and Upper Allegheny Health System in February 2010.
3. Olean General Hospital has 186 inpatient beds and several specialty care centers, such as the Ann Cheladyn Boser Cardiac Rehabilitation Center.
4. Olean General has 143 physicians on its medical staff and more than 970 total employees.
5. In 2011, Olean General Hospital recorded more than $185.4 million in gross charges, according to the American Hospital Directory. Net income equaled $1.63 million for a 0.9 percent operating margin.
6. In fiscal year 2009, Olean General Hospital recorded more than 8,900 total admissions, 782 births and more than 35,700 emergency room visits.
7. In 2011 and 2012, HealthGrades recognized Olean General Hospital with the Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award for superior outcomes in surgeries involving the female reproductive system, urinary tract and rectum.
8. The New York Board of Charities incorporated Olean General Hospital on July 13, 1898, and the hospital building and property were purchased in 1902, costing roughly $6,000.
9. In 2009, Olean General Hospital and Bradford (Pa.) Regional Medical Center merged to form Upper Allegheny Health System. Both facilities felt that integration would increase efficiencies of scale and improve their long-term viability as community healthcare providers.
10. This month, Olean General Hospital opened its new $1.4 million Delevan (N.Y.) Health Center, which offers primary care and dental services.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.