10 Things to Know About Huntsville Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about Huntsville Hospital.
1. David Spillers has served as CEO of Huntsville Hospital since 2006.
2. Lonnie Younger serves as the CFO.
3. The hospital has 811 beds, according to the American Hospital Directory.
4. Huntsville Hospital has about 7,000 employees and 750 physicians.
5. The hospital recorded $2.9 billion in gross charges and a net income of $61.8 million in 2011, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. Huntsville Hospital discharged a total of 44,520 patients in 2011. The hospital performed 16,800 inpatient surgeries and 65,200 outpatient surgeries last year. There were 4,500 births at the hospital in 2011.
7. In 2012, Huntsville Hospital was ranked first in Alabama for heart surgery by HealthGrades.
8. Huntsville Hospital began in 1895 as a small infirmary. United Charities of Huntsville, a group that was dedicated t o helping the sick and needy, opened the infirmary.
9. The hospital is governed by the Health Care Authority of the City of Huntsville, which is a nine-member volunteer board.
10. In 2011, the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber of Commerce named Huntsville Hospital as one of the best places to work.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Sarasota Memorial Hospital
10 Things to Know About Mercy Gilbert Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Ogallala Community Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.