10 Things to Know About Bryn Mawr Hospital
Here are 10 things to know about Bryn Mawr Hospital.
1. Andrea Gilbert serves as president of Bryn Mawr Hospital.
2. Mike Buongiorno serves as CFO.
3. Bryn Mawr Hospital has 249 general medical and surgical beds and 54 special care beds, according to the American Hospital Directory.
4. The hospital has 1,536 employees.
5. According to the most recent financials posted in the American Hospital Directory, Bryn Mawr Hospital recorded total revenue of more than $1.2 billion in 2011. Net income totaled more than $33 million for a 2.6 percent profit margin.
6. In 2011, the hospital had 7,800 inpatient surgeries; 8,100 outpatient surgeries; 1,900 births; and 47,700 outpatient visits, according to the American Hospital Directory.
7. In 2012, Bryn Mawr Hospital received a Patient Safety Excellence Award, a Women's Health Excellence Award, a Prostatectomy Excellence Award and a Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award from Healthgrades.
8. The hospital was established in 1893 by George Gerhard, MD, a local physician who believed that medical expertise and community care should work hand in hand.
9. In 2012, Bryn Mawr Hospital was named a 100 Top Hospital by Thomson Reuters.
10. In 2007, Bryn Mawr Hospital opened the Bryn Mawr Hospital Health Center in Newtown Square, Pa., offering a wide range of outpatient services and medical practices.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at email@example.com.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Allegheny General Hospital
10 Things to Know About Inova Alexandria Hospital
10 Things to Know About Scripps Green Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's Hospital Review
CEO Roundtable + CFO/CIO Roundtable: FEATURING Toby M. Cosgrove and John D. Doyle