10 Things to Know About Inova Alexandria Hospital
Inova Alexandria (Va.) Hospital, part of Inova Health System, is the oldest continuously operating community hospital in Virginia.
Here are 10 things to know about Inova Alexandria Hospital.
1. Christine Candio serves as CEO of Inova Alexandria Hospital. Previously, she was the executive vice president of Hallmark Health System in Melrose, Mass.
2. Todd Lockcuff has been the CFO of Inova Alexandria Hospital since December 2008.
3. Inova Alexandria Hospital has 318 beds and is a premier community hospital in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area.
4. Thousands of employees and physicians work at Inova Alexandria Hospital. More than 16,000 employees work within the entire Inova Health System.
5. Last year, Inova Alexandria Hospital recorded $643.7 million in total revenue, according to the American Hospital Directory. Net income equaled $22.3 million for a 3.5 percent operating margin.
6. Inova Alexandria Hospital's emergency department serves roughly 64,000 patients every year. Consequently, the hospital expanded its ED this year to better handle the growing volumes.
7. U.S. News & World Report ranked Inova Alexandria Hospital as the top hospital in northern Virginia, fourth-best in the Washington, D.C., metro area and fifth-best in Viginia.
8. Inova Alexandria Hospital was formed in 1872 when a local citizen, Julia Johns, and other community members formed the Alexandria Infirmary Association, which later became Alexandria Hospital. It officially became a part of Inova Health System in 1997.
9. In 1961, Inova Alexandria Hospital became the first hospital in the country to staff its emergency department with full-time physicians 24 hours a day.
10. In 1989, the hospital became the first in the area and second in the country to have an excimer laser, which is used to treat vascular disease.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.