10 Things to Know About Bayfront Medical Center
Here are 10 things to know about Bayfront Medical Center.
1. Sue Brody serves as the president and CEO.
2. Bob Thornton serves as the CFO of Bayfront.
3. The hospital has 480 beds.
4. Bayfront Medical Center has 1,739 employees, according to the American Hospital Directory.
5. Bayfront recorded $1.2 billion in gross charges and a net income of $7.8 million in 2010, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. Bayfront Medical Center discharged a total of 16,317 patients in 2011. The hospital performed 8,500 inpatient and 5,900 outpatient surgeries as well as 3,200 births last year. Additionally, the hospital had 39,900 outpatient visits in 2011.
7. Bayfront Medical Center received the American Heart Association "Get with the Guidelines" gold performance award for stroke care in 2010.
8. Bayfront Medical Center was established in 1906 as Good Samaritan Hospital.
9. The hospital received a certificate of distinction as a primary stroke center from the Joint Commission.
10. Bayfront's obstetrics team was recently named Best Team by the Tampa Bay Business Journal.
If you have additional information you'd like included on the hospital featured above, or would like to recommend a hospital to be profiled in the future, please contact Lindsey Dunn, editor in chief, Becker's Hospital Review at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About University of Maryland Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Swedish Covenant Hospital
10 Things to Know About Seattle Children's Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.