10 Things to Know About Swedish Covenant Hospital
Swedish Covenant Hospital in Chicago is an independent, non-profit teaching hospital operating under the auspices of the Evangelical Covenant Church.
Here are 10 things to know about Swedish Covenant Hospital.
1. The CEO is Mark Newton.
2. Gary Krugel serves as the CFO of Swedish Covenant Hospital.
3. Swedish Covenant Hospital has 323 beds.
4. The hospital has 2,200 employees and 550 physicians.
5. Swedish Covenant recorded $1 billion in gross revenue and a net income of $2.8 million in 2011, as reported by the American Hospital Directory.
6. Swedish Covenant Hospital discharged a total of 13,549 patients in 2011. The hospital performed 3,400 inpatient and 5,400 outpatient surgeries, as well as 1,500 births last year. There were 61,100 outpatient visits in 2011.
7. The hospital was designated as a primary stroke center in 2011.
8. The Swedish Evangelical Covenant Mission Friends saw immigrants in need of care in the 1880s and opened the Home of Mercy in 1886, which eventually grew and became Swedish Covenant Hospital.
9. Swedish Covenant received Magnet designation for nursing excellence in 2010.
10. The staff at Swedish Covenant Hospital speaks more than 40 languages.
More Articles on Hospital Profiles:10 Things to Know About Rush University Medical Center
10 Things to Know About Swedish Medical Center
10 Things to Know about University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.