1. Biden signs executive order to boost biomanufacturing Full story
2. 2 deaths spur recall of nearly 400K breathing tubes Full story
3. Hospitals prioritize flexible design to fare better in future disease outbreaks Full story
4. Effective management of staff shortages + supply disruptions are a must. Maintain efficiency despite chronic challenges with tips from this discussion.
5. Viewpoint: 5 tips for leaders in new roles Full story
6. Thanks to $1.2B investment, BD releases next-generation syringes Full story
7. A projected 65 million Americans will be covered under value-based health plans by 2025 — is your health system ready? Get tips on closing care gaps to ensure success here.
8. Hospitals push for early flu shots amid concerns of severe season Full story
9. Payers, private equity and even health systems see the value in shifting procedures to ASCs, but are ASCs ready for increased patient acuity? Hear from 3 physician leaders to prepare.
10. 124 drugs in short supply, per FDA Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 100,000 RNs left the workforce in 2021. In 2022 and beyond, hospitals should do something that should have been done long ago — improve the healthcare working environment for vital caregivers. Here's how.
2. Health systems like Intermountain and Northwell are transforming the patient experience. Join them with these 5 steps for accelerating patient experience innovation.
3. 71% of patients are frustrated with their healthcare experience. Here are tools to scale positive engagement with your health system.