1. 3 strategies for a stronger supply chain: McKinsey survey Full story
2. Blood supply levels drop 50% since early summer, supplier says Full story
3. Hobbs Medical selects new president Full story
4. Hospitals can't prepare for future challenges with mediocre data. Learn how to get more from today's data and prepare to thrive in the future amid inflation and historic financial challenges.
5. Medtronic recalls 87K short circuiting defibrillators Full story
6. 5 recent medical supplier acquisitions, partnerships Full story
7. High levels of interim staff in the OR can hamper strong leadership. Prevent that from happening + maintain strong OR performance with expert tips from this discussion.
8. Monkeypox vaccine dose-sparing causes headaches for public health officials Full story
9. Even the strongest rural healthcare providers face threats to their bottom line. See the tools and strategies they're using to improve revenue capture and financial performance here.
10. New omicron offshoot ticks up in US: 4 notes Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Healthcare organizations are wasting millions of dollars on workflow inefficiencies and data inaccuracies across provider networks. One powerful platform can help connect your payer ecosystem.
2. Hospitals need high-performing EHRs, but many can't afford to upgrade to a new system amid crushing margin pressure. Click here to learn how to keep your hospital EHR in peak condition without burdensome costs.
3. Language barriers silo providers and patients alike. Get tips on breaking down language barriers and implementing preferred-language communication here.