1. Wisconsin hospital still suing patients for overdue debt despite vow to curb practice during pandemic Full story
2. Chicago's Mercy Hospital remains committed to closure plan despite rejection by state board Full story
3. Top 25 RCM software vendors in 2020, ranked by Black Book Full story
4. Your healthcare organization's data needs protection. Join this webinar to learn how can safeguard it with cybersecurity measures, digital ID and biometrics.
5. California health plan files for bankruptcy Full story
6. Massachusetts home health agency to pay $10B to settle false claims charges Full story
7. 10 hospitals seeking RCM talent Full story
8. 3 Must Reads:
- How well are you really communicating with patients today? Click here for 10 strategies to better reach patients and improve care.
- Does your laboratory have the right IT tools to weather the COVID-19 storm? Download this white paper to understand which tools will help you face challenges most efficiently.
- How well do you understand consumer attitudes toward medical billing and payment? Download this white paper to discover how patients approach and interpret healthcare bills.
9. 5 of Epic CEO Judy Faulkner's most interesting thoughts about the future of healthcare Full story
10. COVID-19 patient killed by hospital roommate in California, police say Full story
11. Tenet, Methodist Le Bonheur abandon $350M deal after FTC challenge Full story
12. Don't risk putting off archiving legacy systems. Click here to learn how to do it quickly and securely using today's cloud technologies.
13. Hospital finances bleak as 2020 nears end Full story
14. Erlanger restructured nearly 200 nonclinical manager roles since fall 2019 Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. What a decade of claims data says about the state of patient safety. Click here to read the full report.
2. The telehealth connection: How technology is revolutionizing remote patient care. Click here to read the report.
3. 11 must-reads for hospital leaders looking to get the most out of their IT investments in 2021. Click here to read more.