1. 19 hospital closures, bankruptcies in 2022 Full story
2. Why R1 RCM's Q3 fell short of expectations, per its CEO Full story
3. Hospitals losing billions to rising costs, denials and takebacks Full story
4. 46% of healthcare orgs are behind on 2022 revenue goals. See the top RCM challenges leaders are facing and learn how to get back on track here.
5. 8 updates on prior authorization Full story
6. Hospitals with the highest CMS readmission penalties in each state Full story
7. CarolinaEast CEO addresses report alleging overcharges Full story
8. What spurs patients to change providers? What are their most surprising care preferences? Get answers to these Qs and more to better engage your patients and drive more loyalty.
9. 3 recent revenue cycle leadership hires by health systems Full story
10. Ohio city approves plan to relieve up to $240M in medical debt Full story
11. 10 providers seeking RCM talent Full story
12. Looking to improve finances while reducing cyber risk? Learn how to level up your capital planning by including cybersecurity and clinical asset management.
13. HHS to maintain COVID-19 public health emergency past January Full story
14. Patients, providers prefer these 27 health systems 2 to 1 over competitors Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. State of claims 2022: Survey suggests denials are up 10 to 15%. Click here for more findings and analysis.
2. 3 strategies to reduce costs and increase collections from Mercy Health, Piedmont Healthcare and UCHealth.
3. Leading health systems are liberating finance teams from 'Excel gymnastics' — Click here to learn how.