1. Physician resigns from THR leadership roles after disparaging comments about pay gap Full story
2. Physician burnout doubles risk of patient safety incidents, study finds
3. CDC quarantines plane in New York due to unknown illness Full story
4. Protect your most valuable asset: Register for this upcoming webinar to learn best practices for medical instrument protection.
5. Join 300+ great hospital and health system executive speakers + celebrity keynotes George W. Bush, Bill Clinton and Katie Couric at Becker's 10th Annual Meeting, April 1-4, 2019, at the Hyatt Regency Chicago. Register here. For exhibiting and sponsor opportunities, email Jessica Cole at email@example.com.
6. Pennsylvania hospital lays off 25% of staff after struggling to make payroll Full story
7. Massachusetts nurse staffing regulations did not reduce patient mortality, complications in ICUs, Beth Israel study finds Full story
8. To learn how the University of Utah Health reduced the risks and costs of patient misidentification, download this whitepaper.
9. US hospital birth complications jumped 45% from 2006 through 2015 Full story
10. Apple is hiring for its health business Full story
11. The first 100 days: Register for this webinar for insights on launching telehealth services from Intermountain, UW Health and Aultman Hospital leaders.
12. How to improve patients' satisfaction with telehealth? Pair it with in-person care, survey suggests Full story
13. CMS' overall star ratings updates, delays: A timeline Full story