1. What Amylyx's $158K ALS drug could mean for healthcare Full story
2. Walmart reverses North Carolina policy that limited drug used for miscarriages Full story
3. Pharmacist gets prison for $22M fraud scheme Full story
4. Hospitals won't solve decades-old throughput challenges without innovation. See how Community Health Network is streamlining workflows and preserving clinicians' time in this step-by-step guide.
5. Moderna, Merck join forces to develop cancer vaccine Full story
6. To offset 'period poverty,' CVS to reduce store-brand menstrual product prices by 25% Full story
7. The patient transfer processes of old undermine clinical outcomes. Discover how University of Maryland Medical System modernized its transfer process here.
8. AstraZeneca's nasal COVID-19 vaccine candidate failed to prove effective in study Full story
9. Nurse robbed at gunpoint at Tennessee hospital Full story
10. Jha: COVID-19 death risk 'close to zero' with boosters Full story
11. 35% of adults don't get enough sleep, which can cause poor outcomes and higher healthcare costs. See how health plans can tackle the issue with these simple strategies.
12. Nurse calls 911 on ER crowding in Washington hospital Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Dividing quality by cost is no longer a feasible way to measure value. Get a new equation to advance patient care + control costs here.
2. AI is becoming the standard in health systems for a good reason - it can predict changing patient volumes with great accuracy. Read why AI is critical to an organization matching staffing to volume.
3. Would former patients recommend your hospital to others? Read about the touchpoints that strengthen that brand experience.