1. Workers secure raises: Where, how much and when Full story
2. New York to 900+ nurses: Prove credentials or give up license Full story
3. Half of Gen Zers plan to take a 'workcation' this year: Study Full story
4. Your patients are 1 bad interaction away from changing providers. See how Saint Francis Health System is using digital comms to keep patients happy + engaged.
5. North Carolina health systems defend executive pay in wake of treasurer's report Full story
6. Top 7 billionaires in US healthcare Full story
7. Maine hospital restores nurses' paid leave benefits after 2-month contract battle Full story
8. Labor costs continue to rise amid ongoing staff shortages: 8 things to know Full story
9. Give physicians what they want — without breaking the bank. See how hospitals are tapping retainment strategies that don't hurt their balance sheets here.
10. Police shoot, injure man during altercation in Ascension hospital Full story
11. Penn Medicine physicians seek union recognition Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Nurse shortages aren't just a 'now' problem — retirements are outpacing those entering the field. Smart orgs are looking ahead + using these key tactics to prepare.
2. With tight budgets and limited staff, hospitals must do more with less. Here's how this Midwest hospital saved thousands while improving efficiency.
3. 'Eat better' is prescribed for the most expensive chronic conditions, yet a staggering # of patients are food insecure. Learn how leaders are confronting food insecurity in this brief report.