1. 10 emerging trends in health IT for 2021 Full story
2. CIOs see business case for more tech investment in 2021 Full story
3. Google moved deeper into healthcare in 2020: 13 things to know Full story
4. A roadmap to EMR optimization — insights from UW Health. Click here to watch the virtual presentation.
5. New York hospitals now testing for new COVID-19 variant Full story
6. Colorado hospital spent 6 months restoring computers after ransomware attack Full story
7. Amazon, CVS, Thermo Fisher Scientific partner in COVID-19 testing alliance Full story
8. How SCL Health will optimize IT and invest next year Full story
9. 3 Must Reads
- Community health systems can achieve more from the innovations they create themselves. Click here to learn how the right technology makes that possible.
- The 5 phases of a third-party data breach + prevention strategies for hospitals. Click here to read more.
- Digital communication can decrease preventable hospital readmissions by up to 18 percent. Click here to learn how physicians can use electronic alerts to drive better patient outcomes.
10. Proliance patients' payment info exposed in security incident: 4 details Full story
11. Epic, Cerner lead in EHR interoperability, KLAS finds Full story
12. Dr. Birx to retire after Biden transition Full story
13. US buys 100M more Pfizer vaccine doses Full story
14. COVID-19 spurs second pandemic in behavioral health. Click here to learn what role telehealth can play to help meet the challenges of your patients.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. A paper-based informed consent process can put your system at legal and financial risk. Click here to learn how one health system made it mobile.
2. What do Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian and Hackensack University Medical Center have in common? A commitment to surgical excellence. Click here to read more.
3. Is your ASC's anesthesia professionalized? Click here to learn six ways professionalized anesthesia management can increase efficicency and revenue.