1. HHS updates HIPAA guidelines: 7 things to know Full story
2. Oracle-Cerner deal success will rely on data interoperability, cloud-1st strategy, Forrester analyst says Full story
3. CDC: Omicron now accounts for 73% of US cases; 1st US death reported Full story
4. The unknowns of telehealth are holding providers back — here's how to demystify them.
5. What the Oracle-Cerner deal could mean for EHR interoperability: 7 insights Full story
6. Biden's plan to fight omicron: 5 things to know Full story
7. The VA & other systems are using interoperability to optimize workflows and extend care delivery— learn how.
8. UCI Health, UC Investments launch $50M fund for healthcare innovation Full story
9. HHS invites 15 digital health startups to pandemic tech accelerator Full story
10. 5 stats that reveal inequity in telemedicine Full story
11. As tech's use in medicine grows, so does risk exposure. Click here for strategies to prevent malpractice and other risks.
12. Omicron could spark 'viral blizzard' in coming weeks, top epidemiologist says Full story
13. Health IT's biggest challenge is leveraging AI to sort through data, Microsoft exec says Full story
14. 149 top hospitals in 2021, ranked by Leapfrog Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Identity management systems should check 12 boxes. Does yours? Find out here.
2. As tech's use in medicine grows, so does risk exposure. Click here for strategies to prevent malpractice and other risks.
3. Revolutionize sagittal alignments with personalized care — here's how.