1. Hospitals take action to avoid ransomware attacks, including pre-emptive email shut down Full story
2. Arkansas medical center patients' financial info exposed in lockbox security incident Full story
3. Epic's tech partnerships in the past year: A timeline Full story
4. Precision Health Virtual Summit: How to make the promise of value-based care a reality. Click here to attend the free event.
5. Ohio hospital accidentally posted protected health info online: 4 details Full story
6. Nearly 700,000 health records breached in October Full story
7. Luminis Health names Saad Chaudhry CIO Full story
8. CMS fines 2,545 hospitals for high readmissions: 5 things to know Full story
9. How electronic charge aggregation can maximize revenue and streamline central business office operations — click here to join the virtual discussion.
10. Lehigh Valley Health Network rolls out stroke detection AI tool Full story
11. Cerner in the headlines — 7 latest stories Full story
12. Connecticut city pays $202K HIPAA fine for failing to terminate former health department employee's PHI access Full story
13. Hackers target Microsoft Windows vulnerability: 5 details Full story
14. Is your health system in compliance with the new CMS Condition of Participation? Click here for a compliance checklist and to find out if you meet minimum requirements.
15. Daily COVID-19 count nears 100K; 9 states hit record hospitalizations — 6 updates Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Are you still capturing informed consent on paper? Find out how going mobile improves workflow, improves patient satisfaction.
2. Crisis management, the cloud and the CIO — A technology-focused overview of healthcare's rapid response to COVID-19.
3. Stop flying blind and gain service visibility to improve IT operations and EHR services. Click here to learn more.