1. Michigan clinics pay hackers' ransom to unlock patients' financial files Full story
2. How the pandemic changed the CIO role: 5 insights Full story
3. 11 Big Tech salaries revealed: Google, Amazon & more Full story
4. The 4 automation moves every health system should make. Click here to learn them.
5. Google to buy $2B NYC office building in nod to return of in-person work Full story
6. Cleveland Clinic, Amwell ink consumer health partnership for telehealth 2nd opinion service Full story
7. The transition of care is starting to prove costly for health systems. Here's the finanicial lever hospitals are engaging to alleviate that.
8. Average charge for complex COVID-19 hospital stay is $317K+ Full story
9. Apple's software update allowing health data-sharing with physicians hits iPhones Full story
10. Minnesota clinic employee accidentally emails 535 patients' info to external account Full story
11. Virtual care has rapidly expanded over the last year and we are conducting a benchmark study on telehealth in hospitals and health systems. Take this survey to share your feedback and attend a Becker's conference at no cost.
12. US COVID-19 death toll surpasses that of 1918 flu pandemic Full story
13. 23 virtual care companies, services launched this year Full story
14. 20 top hospitals for cost efficiency: Lown Institute Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Fraudulent transactions come in many disguises. Here's how payers are staying ahead of them.
2. Virtual healthcare is positioned to address social determinants. Click here for 3 reasons it will work.
3. Complexity simplified: A quick guide to the medical coding landscape and uncomplicating value-based documentation.