1. CMS floats 2.8% outpatient pay bump for 2024: 7 takeaways Full story
2. Mississippi system announces layoffs Full story
3. CMS pitches physician payment rule for 2024: 8 things to know Full story
4. Healthcare refunds are rising — and eating into profits. Learn the key issues in refund management + how to solve them here.
5. Hospital rejects nurses' 'unnecessary' bankruptcy claim Full story
6. Yale New Haven Hospital president to step down Full story
7. 3 health systems with $6.8B profits among Forbes' world's largest companies Full story
8. CMS considers hospital price, data transparency changes in 2024 Full story
9. These major health systems see patient payments as opportunities for empathy, education + personalization — and they're seeing more $ because of it. Read their strategies, here.
10. Vermont system joins Dartmouth Health Full story
11. 2 health systems selling off labs Full story
12. Geisinger to invest $900M in Pennsylvania hospital expansion Full story
13. Healthcare CEOs are losing confidence Full story
14. Children's hospitals' financials stumble but remain relatively robust: Fitch Full story
15. Time is running out. Here are the 10 things to know for stronger processes, payments & staffing by year's end — and what's worrying ASC leaders most.
Becker's Learning Opportunities - Access in One Click
1. Many health system leaders think pharmacy is too complex to integrate into their supply chain, but Parkview Health made it a reality. Here's how.
2. A no-surprises approach to the No Surprises Act — get 3 strategies to improve compliance here.
3. One point of the care journey can unlock prompt patient payments. Learn how these major health systems are approaching billing + why personalizing the process is key.