1. Labor expenses still wreak havoc on health systems Full story
2. Duke to eliminate 280 positions Full story
3. Acadia Healthcare names CFO Full story
4. Patients are craving personalized, connected care experiences — but that's easier said than done. Find out how to really move the needle on patient engagement and satisfaction here.
5. 'A big win for our economy': Debt ceiling deal heads to Biden's desk Full story
6. Shuttered Massachusetts medical group owes $16M to Steward Full story
7. Indiana hospital ending 2 'highly specialized' services Full story
8. Allina Health cuts off patients with too much medical debt Full story
9. It's been a tumultuous year for rankings. US News wants to stick with hospitals. Will hospitals stick with US News? Read more via MyBHC.
10. MedStar Health breaks even in Q1 as revenues near $2B Full story
11. Rhode Island AG rejects application for health system sale Full story
12. 3 states looking to rein in facility fees Full story
13. Atrium breaks ground on new hospital, looks to 2025 opening Full story
14. Mercy Health debuts hospital police department Full story
15. Imaging volumes are soaring, and hospitals are struggling to keep up with the data. See how UW Health is using the cloud to simplify image management and improve outcomes here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities - Access in One Click
1. A rise in self-pay patients doesn't have to be costly. Protect margins with these strategies.
2. Your hospital deserves an enterprise resource planning software that delivers real results. See how this Midwest hospital slashed its month-end close process by 50%.
3. Payers that don't prioritize the member experience will fall behind. Execs from Highmark Health, McKinsey & more share strategies for boosting customer satisfaction — and revenue — in this free e-book.