1. UHS annual profit dips 31.9% to $675.6M: 7 things to know Full story
2. California hospital CFO out after 5 days Full story
3. UPMC, top surgeon to pay $8.5M to settle whistleblower suit Full story
4. Healthcare product shortages remain 5X higher than before then pandemic. See 3 proven strategies for reducing supply chain shortages.
5. Mayo Clinic expenses up to $1B in 2022; net income down 53% Full story
6. The service lines 3 hospitals are maintaining — and why Full story
7. 30 most stressful cities for workers Full story
8. ProMedica strikes $710M deal to sell hospice, home-care assets Full story
9. With tight budgets and limited staff, hospitals must do more with less. Here's how this Midwest hospital saved thousands while improving efficiency.
10. The unexpected benefit Erlanger saw after raising nurse pay Full story
11. 900 Michigan Medicine workers join new union Full story
12. More rural hospitals closing maternity wards Full story
13. New CFO at Skagit Regional Health Full story
14. Viewpoint: Don't 'nickel and dime' patients by charging for MyChart messages Full story
15. Give physicians what they want — without breaking the bank. See how hospitals are tapping retainment strategies that don't hurt their balance sheets here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Is the right RCM partner a needle in a haystack? This report helps you vet future partners - the right way.
2. 84% of health systems are behind on cash collections — These strategies can help meet cash goals.
3. 5 top healthcare payment challenges for 2023 and how to get ahead of them — see the report here.