1. COVID-19 hospitalizations up in 29 states Full story
2. No Surprises Act takes effect Jan. 1: 9 things for hospital leaders to know Full story
3. Mayo Clinic urges patients, visitors to ditch cloth masks Full story
4. Patients are struggling to afford your services. It's time to rethink your billing strategy. Here's how to get started.
5. Michigan puts new CDC guidance on hold Full story
6. HCA names new CEO of Virginia hospital Full story
7. Don't let the telehealth push pinch workflows. Here's how to balance patient and staff needs.
8. 9-month nurses strike estimated to cost Tenet hospital $40M+ Full story
9. Healthcare may see a 'Great Retirement,' too Full story
10. US cases hit another record; pediatric infections up 50% in December — 5 COVID-19 updates Full story
11. Telehealth's expansion still isn't equitable. Join this webinar to cut barriers + expand access.
12. Iowa paying Favorite Healthcare $330 per overtime hour for its travel nurses Full story
13. 8 health systems opening new hospitals Full story
14. 12 latest hospital bankruptcies, closures Full story
15. 5 states that gained, lost the most people amid the pandemic Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Help your nurses flourish. Check out this step-by-step guide for tips and tools to help them thrive and slash their workload.
2. Paper invoices are slowing down your supply chain. Follow these 5 steps to streamline purchasing and cut costs.
3. One optimization helped Cone Health reduce patient mortality and save $6.2M. Click here to find out how.