1. The No. 1 problem keeping hospital CEOs up at night Full story
2. Kansas hospital to lay off 85 Full story
3. US senator probes Ascension, alleging it operates 'like a private equity fund' Full story
4. Care advancements are being held up by a 17-year gap between publication of guidelines and real-world clinical practice. Learn about an emerging solution to this problem here.
5. CEOs are starting their jobs at younger ages Full story
6. 13 called-off hospital deals Full story
7. Across all specialties, at least one-third of physicians are burned out. Here's one thing Gundersen Health is doing to better support all physicians.
8. 6 hospitals seeking CEOs Full story
9. Why Novant charges for MyChart messages and UNC Health doesn't Full story
10. Walmart heir's medical school taps founding dean, CEO Full story
11. Awaiting merger approval, Sanford, Fairview unveil leadership team Full story
12. Why some hospitals are understaffing physicians Full story
13. 62% of Americans don't want to use their health plan to find care. Make the experience of selecting a provider easy and stress-free for members with this actionable plan.
14. 80 rural hospital CEOs to know | 2023 Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. How to keep up with all the new information on COVID-19 testing and treatment? Dive into these 1-page snapshots on Paxlovid, boosters, variants, long COVID-19 and more.
2. Becker's-PwC survey: 84% of health systems are behind in cash collections + denials are up. Here is how revenue cycle leaders can meet cash goals.
3. High-risk patients drive high costs. Discover innovative chronic care interventions with better outcomes and guaranteed cost savings.