1. Dartmouth cardiology leader Dr. Lauren Gilstrap dies at 38 Full story
2. 1st human-pig heart transplant unexpectedly changed heart's electrical system, research suggests Full story
3. Dr. Deepak Bhatt named director of Mount Sinai Heart Full story
4. Cardiologists improve outcomes and revenue opportunities through virtual rehabilitation. See how providers are expanding patient access to cardiac care while mitigating staff shortages. Full story
5. 5 findings from American Heart Association's 2022 conference Full story
6. CMS penalizes 2,273 hospitals for high readmissions: 6 things to know Full story
7. Don't get lost in the details of coding, contracts & compliance. Demystify trends to maximize revenue cycle performance with tips from this expert session.
8. Intermountain 1st in Utah to perform new heart procedure Full story
9. A first: Researchers find RSV, influenza can fuse together to create hybrid virus Full story
10. Total joint replacements are migrating to the ASC — and so are surgical robots. Learn why here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Costly pressure injuries are on the rise — don't let that be true at your hospital. See how Mayo Clinic Florida achieved a 67% rate reduction in HAPIs in 3 months.
2. An outdated digital strategy is costing hospitals more than just revenue. Here are the tools to combat an increasingly decentralized healthcare ecosystem.
3. Pain can become a vicious cycle — but it doesn't have to. Learn how negative pressure wound therapy can be life-changing for chronic wound patients.